This article walks you through how to get your Kodi to play H.265 files. Read on to find out the H.265 to Kodi playback tips.
Kodi has become one of the most popular ways to watch TV and movies. With the growth of smaller
PCs, on-demand streaming and downloadable content, it has never been simpler to bring your favourite flicks into your living room, and Kodi is possibly the best way to do it. Got some new files
in H.265 codec and wanna add them on your Kodi (originally known as XBMC - or 'Xbox Media Center')? However, it seems a bit complicated as Kodi won't open 4K H.265 as
Q1: H.265 video play terrible on kodi on ts451A
I have some H.265 video, I played them on kodi 16 & 17,but the frame droped terrible and video and voice didn't sync. I checked the cpu ocupy is 100%. I want to know if the ts451's cpu not strong enough or the kodi is not work proper for H.265. It's seem's that the hardware accelerate didn't work.
Q2: Android Box with h.265 hardware encoding issue
I have an android box right now that I purchased back in 2015 which works ok for my h.264 videos off of my nas. Putting together my archive has been great but my drive is starting to fill up so I have started converting the videos over to h.265 for Kodi and the results are good. I figure I will have at minimum 40% more space once they are converted.
Unfortunately my older Android Box doesn't decode the h.265 videos very well or good at all. I have been looking at newer generic boxes that support h.265 decoding some of them also have more memory and storage which should be good. However picking the correct CPU/GPU setup is difficult. I hope someone can give me some real world suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Q3: Looking for a streaming bo supports H265
As the title suggests I'm looking for a replacement for my trusted WDTV. Been using it for years now. Very reliable. But with the H.265 and new stuff coming out need to upgrade.
I'm looking for a simple box that supports h265 and h264 and other video codecs as well as audio codecs like Dolby AAX and dts. Just wanna play my tv shows and movies that I download. Streaming from Kodi would be a big plus.
Q4: Kodi stutters (badly) when playing HEVC content
Kodi stutters unbearably when playing any HEVC content. All drivers on my system are up to date, and Kodi is set to run with the Nvidia GPU (optimus system). I can also confirm that hardware-acelerated decode is both enabled (in Kodi) and is working with HEVC (using DXVA Checker's trace mode). Is there any other way to see what the problem might be? The stutter is so bad, Kodi hangs up momentarily and then resumes playback choppily up to a point, then resumes again.
Isn't it possible to play 4K H.265 on Kodi? Yes, Kodi (version 14 onwards) offers decoding support for HEVC. (Refer to Kodi HEVC support here) However, lag, out of sync and drop frames issues still exist when playing. Worse still, if your streaming box or devices support HEVC hardware decoding, or have too low power SoCs to support smooth software playback, you will still fail to copy H.265 videos to Kodi for watching.
See the below limitations:
1. The Intel Celeron N3060 (Braswell) has limited GPU decoding support of x256
http://ark.intel.com/products/91 ... ache-up-to-2_48-GHz
2. Only 8bit and not 10bit are supported
3. Streaming Boxes and Console Support
Here's a quick rundown of popular media playing devices that don't support HEVC:
- Google's Chromecast (first and second generations)
- Apple TV (although some reports suggest 1080p HEVC playback is possible by running VLC on a 4th-gen model)
- Roku (third-gen models and earlier)
- Amazon Fire TV (2014) and Fire TV Stick
- Any Western Digital WD TV products
- All PlayStation consoles (including PS4 Pro)
- Xbox 360
And here are the media players that do support HEVC:
- Roku 4
- Amazon Fire TV (2015) and 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick
- Xbox One
In this situations, to add and view H.265 files on Kodi, the easy workaround is convert H.265 to a
more common video format like MP4, MKV, AVI, MPG, etc.. Actually, it is not so hard as you image. What you need is just a common video converter like Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is a great H.265 tool to help you
out. It features a simple yet sleek interface and performs files conversion with fast speed enables you to complete the H.265 to Kodi supported H.264 codec task with least quality loss in just a
few clicks at your fingertips.
Apart from that, its built-in editor can help users to do some basic editing work before conversion, like trimming, cutting, adding effect/watermark etc. What's more, it also offers the optimal profiles for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, TV, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and more. For Mac users, please get Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac to have a try. Download it from below and read further to know how to successfully convert your H.265 video files into Kodi supported H.264 within clicks.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... imate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mul ... rter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/ ... imate/bpphgnww.html
How to convert H.265 video to Kodi format
1. > Install and run the best H.265 converter for Kodi and transfer your ripped, downloaded H.265 movies or video recordings like from Samsung NX1/NX500, DJI Inspire 2 to the program.
2. > Click "Select Format" bar and choose H.264 MP4 or MKV from "Format > Video" or "Format > HD Video" as the output format.
What are the file formats supported by Kodi
Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265 (as from Kodi 14) HuffYUV, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, WMV
Audio formats: MIDI, AIFF, WAV/WAVE, AIFF, MP2, MP3, AAC, DTS, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, RealAudio, WMA
3D video formats: Passive 3D video formats such as SBS, TAB, anaglyph or interlaced
Tip: Click the Settings icon to adjust video and audio parameters, like audio & video bitrate, video size, channel as you need.
3. Click the "Start" icon after all settings, and the H.265 Video Converter will start transcoding H.265 to Kodi preferred format immediately. After the conversion, get the output files by clicking the Open button. After that, you can copy, stream or transfer the converted Blu-ray videos to XBMC for smooth playback at ease without any problem.
If your files are MKV, VOB, H.265, FLV, XAVC, MOV, WMV, Tivo recording files, camera files like MXF, MTS, or Blu-ray, DVD disc format, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate can also be the best partner with your Kodi. It can help you convert DVD, Blu-ray and SD/HD/4K videos to Kodi friendly video with the best quality to expand your movie enjoyment. What’s more, this all-in-one video converter allows you to tweak the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio codec, etc to get a decent video as you want.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 PCs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- How to Stream and Play MKV on Apple TV (4)
- How to upload WAV to Google Music for sharing
- Free Download Kids Educational Videos
- 2017 Top 5 MakeMKV Alternatives Review
- How to Convert and Play MP4 Videos on TV
- Solution for Vizio HDTV can't read movies from Flash Drive
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D MKV for projector using MakeMKV
- How to Import MKV to Final Cut Pro on Mac
- Convert DVD to Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- How to play an MKV file on a DVD player?