The article shows you a darn easy Canon 5D Mark IV 4K FCP solution for importing and editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K footage in Final Cut Pro.
Roughly seven months after
the EOS-1D X Mark II's introduction, the 5D Mark IV became Canon's third DSLR to feature 4K video recording and their second full frame camera with a Dual Pixel CMOS sensor. Higher resolution
video recording (like 4K) makes accurate, smooth focusing more important than ever. If you record some 4K videos from Canon 5D Mark IV, things would be a little more complicated when you work
with the 4K files in Final Cut Pro.
From Apple official site, we know that FCP X can support editing and monitoring 4K video, including 4K ProRes, Sony XAVC and REDCODE RAW from version 10.1. But the point here is, Final Cut Pro 7 still uses 1080p as primary delivery format and will continue to do so for a long time. Besides, you should make sure your Mac meet the mini requirements to edit 4K video, if not, it would be much ideal for you to create a proxy file format with smaller file resolution for editing with Final Cut Pro X. Thus, to import and edit Canon 5D Mark IV 4K clips in FCP 7/X smoothly, you are advised to convert and downscale 4K to 1080p from 5D Mark IV for Final Cut Pro before editing.
That's why I vote for Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, an effective and efficient 4K to FCP Converter. Without rendering time, the program can utilize all cores to achieve 6X faster conversion speed. Thanks to the advanced video/audio encoding technology, this Canon 5D Mark IV video converter also makes sure that the quality is preserved and the user gets the same view as well as the results when it comes to the conversion.
Plus, a highlight is that the program supports various video codec for editors/players/servers/devices/online websites. With it, you can effortlessly encode/re-encode Canon 5D Mark IV 4K footage for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composeror playing on QuickTime, iTunes, Windows Media Player, VLC, 4K Smart TV, Tablet, Smartphone, PS4 Pro, PS3, Xbox One S, Wii, WDTV, Roku, etc., even sharing to Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc. Windows version is here.
More than dealing with 5D MK 4 recordings, you can also use it to handle H.264 MOV footage shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark III/Mark II, 550D(Rebel T2i), Canon EOS 650D(Rebel T4i), EOS 700D(Rebel T5i) and more. Download the top 4K video converter on Mac and follow the tutorial.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
How to Convert Canon 5D Mark
IV video files to work in FCP
Step 1: Load the 4K videos to the program
Install and run the 4K Video Converter, and then import the source 4K videos to it. To do so, you can directly drag & drop the files onto the main interface, or you can click the "Add File" icon to locate the videos from your local disk.
Step 2: Set output video format
Click the "Select Format" bar and select "Format > Editor > Final Cut Pro 7 or Final Cut Pro X" as output format.
Tip: Click the "Settings" button and customize proper video/audio parameters including Video size, bitrate and fame rate and more. Usually 1920*1080 video size and 30fps video frame rate are recommended for FCP 7/X editing. Besides, in order to split videos beyond the size limitation while uploading to website, please click the "Edit > Trim" button
Step 3: Begin to convert Canon 5D Mark IV 4K videos
When you finish the settings, you can press the big "Start" button to kick off the 4K to Prores conversion. By using this professional 4K to FCP Converter, the conversion will be finished with ultrafast speed and the best video quality kept. After the conversion, you can then edit Canon 5D Mark IV raw 4K in Final Cut Pro 7/X smoothly. After editing, you can freely share edited videos on mobile devices or online websites like YouTube.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Best way to backup Doctor Strange Blu-ray to M2TS
- Free Download Aerobic/Cardio Exercise Videos
- Backup and Rip DVD Collection to NAS with MKV
- Easily rip DVD to NAS with MPEG-2 for DLAN streaming
- Sync DVD to iTunes and transfer to iPad/iPhone/Apple TV
- Top Blu-ray Ripper for macOS Sierra: Rip Blu-ray to MP4 MKV ISO etc.
- Upload DVD to NAS in MKV for best sharing/viewing
- Backup Blu-ray to M2TS for playing on iMac
- The Best Netflix Blu-ray Ripper
- Backup Blu-ray and Copy Blu-ray to .m2ts streams