This guide shows you how to import WMV video to Final Cut Pro, and export WMV files from Final Cut Pro in simple ways. Check in for details now!
WMV (Windows Media Video) is
a compressed video format developed by Microsoft and widely used in Windows. If you have got some WMV videos and tried to import them to FCP X/7, you can easily find that WMV is not compatible
with Final Cut Pro. Let's face it, Windows and Mac will never fully get along. A quick and easy solution to make your WMV video compatible with FCP is to convert the WMV file to FCP
editing-friendly codecs. This article shows you how to transcode WMV files to FCP-compatible apple prores codec with the maximum editing quality and efficiency. Read on for
To adjust WMV to FCP file, you can adopt Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac for help which is able make WMV file compatible with Final Cut Pro X/7. It is fully compatible with all major Mac OS X operating systems like Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard.
Overall, the program is a professional yet all-in-one video conversion tool. With it, you can easily rewrap all WMV files to Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422 LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, and Apple ProRes 4444 for natively using in Final Cut Pro X/7. Besides, the Mac video converter canconvert HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon) forediting in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid MC,Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, etc. Windows version can also produce apple prores codec for native editing. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to convert WMV to Apple ProRes for FCP X/7.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
How to Convert WMV for
Editing in Final Cut Pro
Note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Step 1: Launch the Mac WMV to FCP Converter; click "Add File" button from main menu to browse your computer hard drive and select the WMV files you want to convert. Or you can easily drag-and-drop files into this application for converting. You can also load video files formatted in .mkv, .avi, .flv, .vob, .mxf, .mpg, etc.
Step 2: Click the Select Format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Format > Editor" and choose "Final Cut Pro X", "Final Cut Pro 7" or "Apple ProRes 422" as output format.
Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start encoding WMV files to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro under Mac OS (Sierra).
Some more helpful features of the WMV to FCP Converter for Mac:
1. Settings – click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate（from 1Mbps to 20Mbps）, frame rate (24p/30p)
2. Editor – Click to set deinterlace, denoise, volume up, trim, crop, add watermark/effect, create 3D, etc.
Once the WMV to ProRes 422 conversion is done, you can transfer your WMV files into Final Cut Pro X/7 for editing smoothly on Mac with ease.
Additional Tip: How Do I Export Final Cut Pro Videos to WMV
Intend to play your edited videos from Final Cut Pro on Windows PCs? Then having your output file be converted to the .wmv format is the best solution as doing so will make it easier for you to use your finished video in Windows systems.
So don't close FCP after you have finished working. Have your finished project exported into the .mov format. Open the above FCP to WMV Converter again and import your new .mov file by either clicking "Add File" or dropping it into the window. Then simply go to the Format > Video category and click on "WMV" to select it as output format.
At last, click on "Convert" to start converting FCP output mov to WMV. Just wait for the video converter to do all the work for you and your new .wmv video will be ready soon enough. So you can make a new WMV copy that runs well in Windows aside from your .mov copy of the video that works well with your Mac.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- How to Convert WMV to MP4
- Best 7 Blu-ray Players Reviews
- Make a GIF Animation from a Video
- Baby Lullaby Songs Free Download
- How to Watch 3D Films on Homido VR
- Get TV shows off of TiVo and onto iPhone 7
- Tivo Plex Convert: Convert and Play Tivo on Plex
- How to Play AVI on iPad Min/Air/Pro, iPad (2017), etc?
- How to Enjoy WMV to MP3 with WMV to MP3 converter
- MOV to YouTube - How to Upload MOV Files to YouTube Easily